We all are habitual to opening multiple tabs in a day, working and surfing unceasingly. While our multitasking might help us gather and process all information timely, it poses a threat to our devices/laptops. Our devices are prone to external viruses that can damage the system or our saved information. Coming to which a robust anti-virus software should be installed by everyone. An antivirus software is a data security utility that is installed in a computer system with the intent to protect from viruses, spyware, malware, Trojans, spam, and other online cyber threats.
So here is a list of the best antivirus options for your laptop:
- Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
The efficient and speedy Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus keeps a light touch on your system’s information. It performs greatly in the malware protection test and can detect and deny ransomware activity. You can use your Webroot licenses to install antivirus on both PCs and Macs.
- Great score in our malware protection test.
- Great anti phishing score.
- Ransomware protection.
- Light on system resources.
- Fast scan, tiny size.
- Advanced features.
- Restricted test results due to unusual detection techniques.
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus
A subscription (one license) helps you secure every Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS device in your household. While other antivirus products may score better in testing, McAfee AntiVirus Plus is a deal-breaker in terms of viability. The Windows users get expansive features that the Windows edition could almost qualify as a security suite with this anti-virus software.
- Protection for all your Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices
- Very good malware protection score
- Excellent detection of malicious and fraudulent websites
- Robust firewall
- Virus protection promise
- Includes Ransom Guard, PC Boost, and many bonus features
- Missed some modified ransomware samples
- PC Boost web speedup still works only in Chrome
- Mac edition has less feature-rich than Windows or Android
3. Kaspersky AntiVirus
This product stands out as it is mentioned in the top ranks from all independent testing labs, with it also facing the ransomware protection test. The Kaspersky Security Cloud Free comes without the clutter that we usually are infested with if we avail without the premium-only features. More importantly, this antivirus gives you full access to tech support through phone and live chat.
- Near-perfect scores from testing labs
- Effective ransomware protection
- Good scores in the hands-on tests by https://in.pcmag.com/
- Full-scale phone and live chat support
- Bonus scans for privacy and performance
- Bonus scans significantly overlap each other
- Vulnerability scan offers little information
- TOTAL AV
TotalAV offers antivirus features such as real-time execution, spyware removal, firewall, and ransomware removal – offering 360-degree protection from hackers & Malware. TotalAV is recommended for people who like to perform resource-heavy activities like gaming and streaming.
- Brings fast full scans
- Offers 24*7 customer protection
- Solid optimization tools
- User-friendly apps
- Great phishing protection
- Strong protection against malicious URL
- No real-time protection with the free version
- Advanced firewall protection is only available with the paid plans
- Bitdefender AntiVirus
If you’re looking for robust anti-virus software without shelling out a lot of money – Bitdefender would be an ideal choice for Windows. It is a stable and reliable antivirus solution that automatically installs and takes over its work in minutes.
However, you might want to explore the paid version of the software- The Bitdefender Plus that comes with a firewall, auto scanning, VPN, and tune-ups, also provides instant alerts in case of malicious activity. The product is available for both personal and business users.
- Easy usability
- Offers a reliable VPN
- Below average system impact
- Solid anti-malware protection
- Installation requires time and efforts to be put in
Long gone are the days when we had an entire household operating one single anti-virus program. With new age comes new problems and therefore, as the devices grew, so did their protection needs.
With multiple independent labs in place to test the robustness of every antivirus product, we assure you that you’ll be provided with the best-in-class options with these antivirus solutions. Stay Safe!