Japanese multinational electronics company, Panasonic on Thursday launched its latest mirrorless camera, Lumix G100, in Indian photography market. The company aims vloggers and other digital content creators with the latest Panasonic Lumix G100. The new camera is compact and weighs around 350 grams with batteries.
One of the significant features of the Lumix G100 is OZO Audio by Nokia that has been incorporated in the camera for better audio recording.
“With Lumix G100, we have ensured video content creation is made easy with no complex set up and heavy/ unmanageable camera body. Enabled with OZO Audio by Nokia, the camera, sets an unprecedented standard for immersive audio sound experience in the mirrorless category,” said Hardeep Sarna, Product Head, Panasonic India (In an official press release).
Panasonic Lumix G100: Price and availability
The camera body of Panasonic Lumix G100 carries a price tag of Rs. 58,990 (excluding grip), and Rs. 67,990 (including grip). The Lumix G100 offers Lumix G VARIO 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH/MEGA OIS lens. One can buy the camera from the Amazon India e-commerce website.
Panasonic Lumix G100: Specifications and features
- The Lumix G100 comes with a 20.3-megapixel CMOS sensor without a low-pass filter.
- The camera brags off an ISO scale of 200-25600 and expands down to ISO 100.
- The Lumix G100 has a 5-axis hybrid image stabilizer to suppress noise in the hand-held shots.
- It has a 3-inch fully-flexible TFT LCD screen incorporated in the camera along with an electronic viewfinder.
- Other features are digital zoom, external flash, manual focus, self-timer, time-lapse recording, and more.
- On the connectivity front, it has a micro-HDMI port and a microphone port. It misses on a headphone jack. The camera has Bluetooth and WiFi 2.4GHz. Users can also use their smartphone as a remote control to record video and click photos.
- The camera can be connected with Lumix Sync App on a smartphone for instant uploading and sharing of pictures on social media.
- The Lumix G100 comes with support for an optional DMW-SHGR1 mini tripod which connects over USB. Users can use the compact tripod to start or stop video recording, release the shutter button, and enable or disable sleep mode.