- WhatsApp is now rolling out the feature to the beta tester.
- Android and iOS users will get the feature by the end of this month.
- Earlier this week WhatsApp announced the feature along with Always Mute, WhatsApp Pay and others.
After officially announcing the disappearing message, WhatsApp is now rolling out this feature for beta testers. According to reports, WhatsApp is currently running this feature and it may take some time for users to get this feature and earlier this week, WhatsApp announced the feature along with Always Mute, WhatsApp Pay and others.
WhatsApp has chosen a time limit of seven days for messages to disappear in chat. Because any message sent in that chat will automatically disappear after seven days after turning on the feature. This feature can also be enabled from WhatsApp’s Android and iOS apps and WhatsApp Web. It works for one-to-one chats and has control over group chats as well but only for the latter.
How to turn on missing messages on WhatsApp:
- The first thing is to be sure about the latest version of the app.
- Open any chat on WhatsApp and tap on the contact information.
- Scroll down to find ‘Missing messages’.
- This feature will be disabled by default, so you must turn it on.
- New messages sent in chat will now disappear after seven days.
When you turn on the missing chat feature for the contact, you will see the end icon next to the contact’s profile picture. In addition, when you turn on missing messages for a chat, the recipient will get a notification about it. WhatsApp will also notify the recipient that the new messages will disappear from this chat after 7 days. Similarly, when you turn off the vanishing messaging feature, you will get information about it on the chat window.
The feature will be rolled out to Android and iOS users by the end of this month.